Last Updated on July 4, 2021 by Henry Matthew
Ways To Cook Carrots
How to Fix Carrots
- Immature carrots do not need peeling, but older carrots are most beneficial when consumed peeled. Many nutrients are in the carrot’s coat, but so is any tartness. You have to eliminate the hardcore of more distant carrots.
- Carrots that are weak or limp can be re-crisped in a bowl of ice water. Learn about Types of Carrots
How to Steam Carrots
- Install a steamer basket in a saucepan. Combine water to just below the bottom of the basket.
- Draw water to a boil.
- Combine 1 pound of prepped carrots into a steamer pot. Cover and lessen the heat.
- Cook the carrots until crisp-tender. Initially, cut the carrots into Quarter-inch slices. These strips will take 5 to 7 minutes. The Baby carrots usually take up to 8 to 10 minutes.
How to Sauté Carrots
- Wash the 2 pounds of carrots and split them into petite rounds.
- Please set them in a saucepan with one spoon of salt, 1/2 stick butter, and 1/4 cup of water and heat over moderate heat. Move the carrots irregularly to make sure they do not brown or cook too fast.
- Cook until they are just soft when pierced with the tip of a tiny knife.
- Add a generous pinch of marjoram and a tablespoon of minced parsley.
How to Roast Carrots
- Preheat the furnace to 425 degrees F
- Scrub and trim 1 pound of carrots.
- Cut long carrots into 1-inch pieces. Miniature or baby carrots can be roasted whole.
- Place the sliced carrots or baby carrots in a baking pan.
- Combine carrots with olive oil, salt, pepper, or other herbs.
- Spread the pan with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Lift the foil and stir the carrots.
- Turn the carrots back to the oven and bake, uncovered for 5 to 10 more minutes or until the carrots are soft.
How to Microwave Carrots
- Fix 1 pound carrots in a lasagna dish with two tablespoons of water.
- Microwave, closed, on 100 percent power (high) until crisp-tender, mixing once. Quarter-inch slices cook in 6 to 9 minutes. The following strips will take a minimum of 5 to 7 minutes. Baby carrots take up to 7 to 9 minutes.
How to Steam or Simmer Carrots
- Serve slightly salted water in a pan to a boil.
- Combine 1 pound of carrots; heat until crisp-tender. Quarter-inch slice will take up to 7 to 9 minutes. The following sliced Strips will require a minimum of 4 to 6 minutes. Baby carrots take at least 8 to 10 minutes for baby carrots.
- Strain carrots and season to taste with salt and pepper.
How to Glaze Boiled Carrots
- Boil the carrots as directed above.
- After draining the carrots, swing the carrots with butter and salt and pepper to sense.
- Combine 1 to 2 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup to the buttered carrots and hang the pan over low heat until the butter and syrup combine to form a glaze on the carrots. Decorate with chopped parsley.
How to Purée Carrots
- Cook the carrots, as shown above.
- Drain the carrots and put them within a blender, strainer, or food mill.
- Whip with butter and herbs. For at least 2 pounds of carrots, whip with 4 to 6 tablespoons of butter. If the batter is on the flat side, beat with boiling milk as well as butter.
- Puree the carrots with equal parts of potatoes, parsnips, and beets.
Ways To Serve Carrots
Carrot Serving Suggestions
- Serve carrots raw or roasted.
- Chop raw carrots into sticks and serve as bites.
- Subserve fresh shredded raw carrots with a bit of oil and lemon juice; add raisins and fresh pineapple for a fruit-like salad.
- Stir shredded carrots with raisins, and a small chopped onion, then toss with French dressing or mayonnaise thinned with a bit of virgin olive oil.
- Supplement shredded carrots to a peanut butter sandwich.
- Cook carrots with peas and combine a spring of mint for flavor.
- Cook fresh, young carrots until soft, then toss with butter. (Mix a bit of sugar plus a pinch of salt.)
- Blanch baby carrots in a few glasses of water if possible, then spatter with chopped parsley, a little sugar, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Annex sliced carrots to beef soup, tomato sauce, vegetable soup, or a stir-fry dish.
- Arrange carrot confit by slow-cooking carrots, including olive oil, orange juice, cumin, lemon juice, and garlic.
- Cook carrots in an elite sauce seasoned with tarragon, nutmeg, and dill.
- Spread boiled carrots in breadcrumbs and deep-fry.
- Purée roasted carrots with potatoes.
- Sub serves cooked carrots with a marmalade glaze.
- Cook carrot cake, carrot torte, or carrot pudding with it.
- Carrot thinning can be utilized in salads or poached in butter.
Carrot Flavor Partners
- Carrots go great with meat, celery, chicken, chives, cinnamon, coriander, cumin, curry, dill, dehydrated apricots, honey, onion, peach, raisins, rosemary, shallots, tarragon, thyme, and tomato.
- Carrots are an immeasurable root of vitamin A, potassium, fiber, including beta-carotene.
- Twenty-five thin carrot sticks hold about 20 calories.